FLEX | HAUS WAIVER
Name: _____________________________________ Phone: _____________________________________
Email: ____________________________________ Room #: _____________________________________
EMAIL CONSENT: I CLEARLY UNDERSTAND THAT BY PROVIDING MY EMAIL AND CHECKING THIS BOX, I CONSENT TO RECEIVING EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM FLEX HAUS INC. SUCH AS OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER, MARKETING UPDATES, AND EVENT INVITATIONS.
Name: _________________________________________ Phone: _____________________________________
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER AND RELEASE
I understand that classes at Flex Haus may be physically strenuous and I voluntarily participate with full knowledge that there are inherent risks including but not limited to 1) minor physical injury; 2) major physical injury; 3) paralysis; 4) epileptic seizures, and 5) death. Iacknowledgeand agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Spoke(N) or its members for any personal injury, wrongful death and/ or property damage or loss, whether caused by negligence or otherwise. I acknowledge that some of these risks cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. I also acknowledge that the specific risks vary from one activity to another, but range from minor injuries such as scratches, bruises, and sprains to catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death.
At all times, I shall comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions given to me by staff.
- I release, indemnify, and hold harmless Flex Haus, its direct and indirect parent, subsidiary affiliate entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, representatives and agents, and each of their respective successors and assigns and all others, from any and all responsibility, claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities to the fullest extent allowed by law arising out of or in any way related to participation in Flex Haus classes or use of the facilities, and I agree to assume fullresponsibility for any and all injuries or damage which are sustained or aggravated by me in relation to my participation in Flex Haus classes or use of the facilities.
- I Represent that I have been examined by a licensed physician within the past 1 year and have been found to be in good physical health, andhave not been instructed by a physician to not participate in physical exercise. I have no medical, physical or mental conditions that would prevent me from properly partaking in Flex Haus classesincluding but not limited to, all indoor cycling exercises, lifting weights, body weight fitness movements, the use of TRX suspension trainers, and yoga; I acknowledge that if I have any chronic disabilities or conditions, I am at risk by participating in Flex Haus classes and should not be participating in any Flex Haus classes.
- Flex Haus classes are carried out in a darkened environment with special effects such as flashing, strobe lighting, and other visual stimuli. Participation in Flex Haus classes has the potential to trigger seizures for persons suffering from epilepsy. I acknowledge that if I suffer from medical conditions that may bring about seizures then I should not participate in Flex Haus classes.
- I agree that I will bring any physical impairment(s) that could cause me injury, to the attention of the instructor in writing. I understand that physical activity, including but not limited to, indoor cycling, lifting weights, functional body movements, use of TRX suspension training and yoga could further aggravate these injuries if I do not provide such notification.
- I have read and understand the 1) Flex Haus Safety Guidelines and 2) Flex Haus Rules- both of which areposted on our website (www.flexhausfitness.com). Flex Haus reserves the right to deny access to any person we deem to be acting in an unsafe or inappropriate manner.
I have read this Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights including my right to sue Flex Haus and its affiliates. I acknowledge that I am signing this waiver freely and voluntarily. The term of this waiver is indefinite.
Signature: ___________________________________ Date: _________________________________________
GENERAL SAFETY FOR ALL EXCERCISES:
Push yourself but listen to your body! 2. Stay hydrated before, during and after each Flex Haus class. 3. Let your instructor know of any injuries you may have, so they can provide you with modifications.
BIKE & CARDIOVASCULAR SAFETY:
1. Ensure all adjustment knobs are properly secured (seat height, seat fore-and-aft, and handlebar). 2. The bikes are designed for riders above 4’11” and under 350 pounds. 3. Do not insert any object, hands or feet into any openings, the flywheel or any part of the bike. Stay clear of spinning wheels. 4. To stop immediately, push down on the red dial (the resistance knob). 5. Remain on the bike until the pedals and flywheel have stopped. Failure to follow this rule could lead to loss of control and serious injury. 6. To dismount your feet from the pedals kick your heals outward. 7. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, dizzy or have difficulty breathing, slow your pedals strokes or press the red knob (resistance knob) and raise your hand to get the attention of the instructor. 8. Always keep some resistance on the flywheel. 9. Always use proper footwear. The pedals are compatible with SPD clips. 10. Do not remove your feet from the pedals while in motion. If you unintentionally “clip out” quickly move your feet to the side and push down on the red dial (resistance knob) to stop the flywheel’s motion.
1. Ensure the main loop is centered. This will keep the handles even allowing you to maintain stability. 2. One of the best ways to maintain correct posture is to keep your neck neutral by looking up the TRX straps at the anchor point and keeping your glutes flexed to make sure that you are not using momentum to assist the movement. 3. Avoid sawing of the TRX. This is when the main loop moves back and forth from uneven pressure through the handles. This will result in improper form and positioning. 4. To make sure that you are using your core keep your body in a straight line (think of a straight line dividing your body evenly from head to toe). When you shift your mass too much to either side of that line you can compromise your core.
FREE WEIGHT/RESISTANCE TRAINING SAFETY:
Always ensure you use the appropriate weight for your strength and ability, and consult with your instructor if you are unsure of what weight to choose. Pay attention to all instructor queues including alignment, posture, tempo, sets and repetitions.
Never push yourself to the point of pain, and let your instructor know about any injuries so they can provide you with modifications when required.